COVID-19 info: Please note that not all amenities, activities, etc. are available as we work to keep our patients and staff safe. Talk to Admissions for the latest information about what's available.
You’ve achieved the career success you’ve dreamed of. So why you do keep getting depressed or anxious? Why does the stress seem so overwhelming? Could you be drinking too much? Have your personal and professional relationships been tattered?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, our Professionals Program can help you on your journey back to good mental health and a well-balanced life.
Who We Treat
Here, you’ll meet other successful, ambitious professionals who struggle with similar issues. Many come after years of individual therapy, medication and other forms of treatment that didn’t help.
During a stay of five to seven weeks, you’ll develop new skills, uncover underlying issues that are causing stress, address undue shame and begin repairing key relationships. Because we use a highly personalized approach, you’ll set your goals for treatment. Our interdisciplinary team
will be with you every step of the way, helping you achieve them.
What We Treat
The Professionals Program is an intensive inpatient program that’s designed specifically for professionals who struggle with one or more of the following:
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Personality disorders (borderline, narcissistic, obsessive-compulsive, etc.)
- Bipolar disorder
- Impulsive or disruptive behavior
- Anger issues
- Self-harm or suicidal thoughts
- Addictions and substance use (gambling, problematic sexual behavior, Internet, spending, drug or alcohol use
- Severe burnout and stress
- Impaired concentration and memory
- Professional boundary violations
- Impaired ability to skillfully and safely perform job tasks
- Disciplinary actions or loss of license
- Psychosomatic issues
- Women's issues, including mental health concerns related to infertility, perimenopause and menopause
What We Offer
Within a safe, secure setting, the program’s team of clinicians will collaborate with you to create an individualized treatment plan to address your unique situation using evidence-based therapies.
The program is intense, but given your success, you know all about hard work. Key aspects of the program include:
- Individual psychotherapy three times per week
- Three hours of group psychotherapy per week
- A range of engaging weekly psychoeducational groups, including Mentalizing and Attachments, Outcomes, Safety Planning and Living a Balanced Life
- Dialectical behavior therapy two times per week
- Family therapy once per week, if indicated
- Medication management
- Best practices for sleep
- 12-step and other evidence-based addictions support
- Wellness and recovery maintenance planning
The team will also help you with discharge planning; so that you’ll have the right kind of support when you leave. We know the mental health journey can be long, and we want to help you make the right choice for the next step on your journey.
Coping with psychological issues can be very stressful for families. That’s why we’ll encourage you to include your spouse or partner, children and parents in your journey to wellness.
We offer them education about diagnoses and treatment options and help them understand how to support you. Family meetings with your social worker, if you choose to have them, are regularly scheduled throughout your stay and are a vital component of treatment.
In addition, we encourage family members to participate in a Family Orientation
and a Family Education Day
soon after you enter the program so that they can learn about the evidence-based practices we use and what to expect from the treatment process.
If you give us permission, your treatment team will have regular contact with your family members. The team will coordinate on-site visits, phone calls and scheduled videoconferencing to encourage growth in family relationships and ensure as smooth a transition as possible for your return to family life.
Here for You
The Professionals Program can help you examine – in a comforting, caring environment – all aspects of your life: psychological, biological, medical, social and spiritual. This multilayered focus is essential to achieving a healthy, balanced life.
If that achievement appears on your “to-do list,” call us today at 713-275-5400
; we’re ready to help you join the thousands who’ve been successfully treated by Menninger since our opening in 1925.