Telehealth visits, which are sometimes referred to as telepsychiatry or virtual therapy visits, are booming as COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, spreads across the country. These visits are a boon to individuals coping with mental illnesses like depression, anxiety and substance use disorders and to those who might need professional care as their anxiety increases.
There are a number of benefits to pursuing therapy via telehealth:
- Convenient. You can participate in your visit from any location - your home, office, car, a park or wherever you can create a private space for yourself.
- Saves time. No more rushing to get to your appointment or dealing with traffic. Plus, you'll save gas!
- Private. With telehealth visits, you'll never have to worry about running into someone you know in a waiting room.
- Easy to use. The technology can be used easily by anyone with a computer, tablet or phone.
- Stay well. Get the care you need while "flattening the curve."
Telehealth Visits with Menninger Clinicians
The outpatient therapy team
at Menninger has long offered telehealth visits to established clients. Now, we are pleased to extend these visits to new clients as well.
You can see them for the same kinds of issues that you'd usually have an in-person visit for, including anxiety, depression, chronic stress, relationship issues, trauma, substance use issues, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, parenting issues, insomnia and more.
Together, you'll map out a plan for treatment and begin the journey of healing.
Schedule Your Appointment
To make an appointment with one of our caring, experienced team members, just call us at 713-275-5400
, and we'll quickly get your first appointment set up.