To help clients and staff stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Menninger now offers outpatient therapy via telehealth visits, which are sometimes referred to as virtual therapy or telepsychiatry visits.
There are a number of benefits to pursuing therapy via telehealth:
- Convenient. You can participate in your visit from any location - your home, office, car, a park or wherever you can create a private space for yourself.
- Saves time. No more rushing to get to your appointment or dealing with traffic. Plus, you'll save gas!
- Private. With telehealth visits, you'll never have to worry about running into someone you know in a waiting room.
- Easy to use. The technology can be used easily by anyone with a computer, tablet or phone.
- Stay well. Get the care you need while "flattening the curve."
So if you're beset by a mental health condition, challenged with relationships issues or struggling to communicate effectively with your partner, children or parents, our team
, which includes psychiatrists and a psychiatric nurse practitioner for medication management visits, can help. If you need a referral to other Menninger specialists, they can help you with that, too.
To schedule your first telehealth visit, call us at 713-275-5400
Services for adults include:
- Individual, group, marital and family psychotherapy
- Medication management for depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADD, ADHD and more
- Psychological and psychoeducational testing
- Substance abuse assessment, counseling and education
- Addiction (sexual, Internet, etc.) assessment, counseling and education
- Career coaching for transitions
- Special services for mothers struggling with the challenges of COVID-19
Mental Health Concerns We Treat
One or more of these services is available, depending on your individual needs, to help with:
- Mood disorders (depression or bipolar disorder)
- Personality disorders, including narcissistic and borderline
- Suicidal thoughts
- Developmental disorders
- Attention, memory and other cognitive issues
- Alcohol and drug use
- Difficulties managing emotions
- Relationships and conflict
- Parenting and family issues
- Life transitions
- Difficulty performing to potential
- Career issues
- Learning issues
- Sleep concerns
- Mental health concerns specific to moms
- Mental health concerns related to infertility, perimenopause and menopause
uses evidence-based therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), cognitive behavioral therapy-insomnia (CBT-I) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Comprehensive Outpatient Service (COS)
Our comprehensive outpatient service is designed for adults or adolescents who've been discharged from inpatient treatment and as an alternative to inpatient treatment if you're hesitant about pursuing that.
With our COS, the goal is simple: to help clients lead an independent, healthy life, and if the client is an adolescent, to help him or her pursue a path that will make such a life possible.
The goal may be simple, but achieving it takes time, commitment and effort. That's why we involve the whole family in the treatment plan – customized to each client's needs – and why clients usually participate daily in the COS, which is based at our Bellaire, Texas
, location, for 4-12 weeks.
The COS includes individual therapy, family therapy, parenting sessions, coaching, skills training for dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, group therapy, medication management, drug testing and psychological or psychoeducational testing.
Outpatient groups for adults are offered at our Bellaire location.
You’ll also find an outpatient pharmacy on our main campus. We are happy to offer this convenient service for outpatients who need medication management.
Schedule an Appointment
To get started, call 713-275-5400
, and we'll quickly get you an appointment so that you can get back on the road to good mental health. Day and evening appointments are available Monday through Friday.