Why should you consider Menninger for inpatient psychiatric care for anxiety, depression, personality disorders and other serious mental illnesses, or even addiction?
Most mental health treatment facilities tout their patient satisfaction data when trying to persuade you to seek treatment with them.
At Menninger, we use objective, research-based, gold-standard assessments to prove how effective our treatment is. How effective is that, you ask? Take a look:
The data in these charts show that adult patients reported significant improvement in mental health symptoms while they were being treated at Menninger and that they maintained these gains throughout their first year after discharge
. This data represents adult patients from 2016-2019.
For the most comprehensive look at our treatment outcomes, check out this brochure
Individuals who come to an inpatient program at Menninger are typically quite severely ill; in fact, on average, 80 percent have at least three psychiatric disorders, and more than 50 percent have both a substance use issue or behavioral addiction and at least one psychiatric disorder.
Prior to admitting to Menninger:
- They averaged three prior psychiatric hospitalizations.
- They had been treated by an average of three prescribing psychiatrists.
- They had been in psychotherapy with the same or different therapist an average of four times.
Our treatment outcomes and quality indicators demonstrate the value of our treatment model and the quality of our treatment teams
. You can find more insight into the quality of care we deliver by reading just a few of our patient success stories
Other Quality Indicators
- Menninger is ranked no. 9 on U.S.News & World Report's Best Hospitals list for psychiatry, and has been on the list every year since its debut in 1990. The list ranks top hospitals nationally for difficult cases.
- We’ve been successfully treating patients with complex mental illness since 1925.
- Menninger was the first independent psychiatric hospital in the U.S. to be awarded the Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurse Credentialing Center, which has awarded this designation to us four times.
- Menninger is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the nation's top medical schools. Our psychiatrists, psychologists and physicians are Baylor faculty members.
- Menninger is accredited by the Joint Commission.
- All our nurses are registered nurses, and only individuals who have at least a bachelor's degree are hired as mental health associates.
- All of our addictions professionals have at least earned a master’s degree.
- All treatment teams included a psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, psychiatric nurse, psychiatric rehabilitation specialist, and, if warranted, a licensed chemical dependency counselor. The teams have offices on their units so they are accessible to patients.