At The Menninger Clinic, our clinicians offer broad expertise and experience. They are devoted to caring for patients with mental illness, and they do so with professionalism, respect and dignity.
You’ll find many areas of expertise here, including but not limited to:
- Anxiety – One of the top diagnoses among all age groups treated at Menninger, we have decades of experience helping patients with anxiety.
- Depression – Depression comes in many forms, and we treat it all: major depressive disorder, persistent depressive disorder, postpartum depression, depression with psychosis and more.
- Trauma – Menninger has a storied history of treating patients with trauma, especially complex trauma.
- Addiction – At Menninger, approximately 65 percent of patients have an addiction – including alcohol, drugs and behavior addictions like gambling, sex and Internet – or substance use disorder, which we treat simultaneously with psychiatric conditions. This approach reflects our philosophy of holistic treatment for issues affecting the mind, body and spirit.
- Personality disorders – From borderline personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder to avoidant personality disorders, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and more, Menninger clinicians have years of experience successfully treating these challenging disorders.
- Women’s mental health – Having a baby is usually a joyous occasion, but for some women, postpartum depression, PTSD and even suicidal thoughts can follow. We have several specialists in women’s mental health who provide care for moms with these issues. Our experts can also help women with mental health concerns related to infertility, perimenopause and menopause.
- Bipolar disorder – Another top diagnosis among Menninger patients, bipolar disorder can be tough to diagnosis and treat. Our interdisciplinary teams are equipped to do both.
- Sleep issues – Many of us struggle with sleep problems. Our Sleep Medicine Service specializes in understanding how sleep affects mood and behavior.
- Gender issues – Menninger has long treated patients with gender issues, often on our Compass Program for Young Adults. Our teams understand and respect patients who struggle living in a world that can lack compassion for their unique circumstances.
Suicide attempts, suicidal thoughts and self-harm – All of our treatment teams have had extensive training in treating individuals with a history of suicide attempts, thoughts about suicide and self-harming behaviors. They know how to connect with patients who struggle with these difficult issues.
Depending on symptom severity, we can treat these and other mental health disorders on an inpatient program or in outpatient therapy.
Looking for expert care for a mental illness or addiction? Call us at 713-275-5400
. We can help.