At Menninger, it’s rare that a patient is treated for only one mental health issue.
If you need inpatient treatment for severe depression, anxiety or some other mental illness, and you need help with an eating disorder or eating-disorder behaviors, our Eating Disorders (ED) Services or track will support you throughout your stay.
The services are modeled after a partial hospitalization program; they are not meant to be a substitute for a specialty inpatient eating disorder program.
The objectives of the track are to:
- Provide a structure that promotes your safety
- Offer effective, evidence-based treatment and interventions
- Develop appropriate and reasonable treatment plans
Our goals for your treatment include medical stabilization, weight restoration, nutritional rehabilitation, rehydration, normalized eating and self-management skills.
Services and Schedule
After you’re admitted to Menninger, the ED team, led by Elizabeth Arango, LCSW
, will assess you to determine if you would benefit from our ED track. If you do need these services, the ED team will join your program’s treatment team to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and implement treatment recommendations.
- Eat meals together with others in the ED track each day and participate in supervised, 30-minute follow-ups after each meal with a professional trained in eating disorders
- Attend educational groups, such as relapse prevention, body image, perfectionism, meal planning, dialectical behavior therapy skills training and nutritional education
- Plan meals with a registered dietitian
Altogether, you’ll spend approximately four hours each weekday and three hours each weekend day participating in the ED Services' therapeutic activities.
Our ED Services supplement the treatment patients with eating disorders are receiving for other mental illnesses. To help you determine if the care we offer will meet your needs, we’ve developed detailed screening criteria.
Are We Right for You?
Do you need inpatient treatment for a mental health issue and support for an eating disorder, too? Call us at 713-275-5400
and talk to an Admissions coordinator who will help you decide if Menninger can meet your needs.