Looking for help learning to live, work or pursue your goals without engaging in problematic substance use? Menninger's Recovery Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for adults and their family members can play an effective role in such a transition.
Our eight-week Recovery IOP integrates services for substance use, addictions and co-existing mental health conditions. Participants learn skills and address life’s challenges through individual, group and family therapy.
Who Can Benefit
Menninger’s Recovery Intensive Outpatient Program accepts adults, ages 18 and older, who are seeking ongoing support for addiction and mental health recovery but who do not require a residential setting.
Recovery IOP also serves as an excellent step-down service for those discharging from addiction treatment at another facility or from a Menninger program.
What's Included in Recovery IOP
Clients gain insights and support from a variety of interventions throughout their time in the program.
- Bi-weekly meetings with a board-certified addiction psychiatrist for medication management
- Twice weekly psychotherapy groups
- Twice weekly psychoeducational skills groups (includes evidence-based therapies like acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavior therapy and dialectical behavior therapy skills)
- Weekly multifamily group psychoeducation
- Weekly individual therapy (option for virtual)
- Weekly family therapy (option for virtual)
- Ongoing drug and alcohol testing for sobriety management
Additional Recovery Services
Recovery IOP clients may find their road to recovery is enhanced with these additional recovery services offered by Menninger:
- Recovery IOP + Navigator - When new clients of Recovery IOP for Adults also enroll in Navigator, they'll receive $2,600 off the 90-day case management and peer support service. Navigator is available to those who need extra support during their eight weeks in Recovery IOP. After discharge from the IOP, clients then benefit from another 30 days of Navigator services to help support them in their next steps in the recovery process. Call us at 713-275-5400 for details.
- Living Healthier Together is a free alumni program for any adult who has been in treatment at Menninger. Alumni may participate in our weekly virtual All-Recovery Support groups and private Facebook page. The program offers alumni ongoing encouragement, comfort and connections with others who speak a similar language of recovery.
Getting Started in the Recovery IOP